Newbie with a wheel question.

firemed159

I have recently purchased a 2008 wrangler unlimited with the 18 inch wheels, they suck and new tires cost a fortune for the 18 inch rims. Will 16 or 17 inch rims fit with the brake calipers.

Welcome and enjoy the forum! Yes 16/17 will fit. All rubi's come with 17" rims and some upgraded sports do too and you can pick them up cheap. If you use a after market rim make sure you get the correct backspace so you don't rub.

Thanks Mrsig, I'm going to use 16 inch rim with either 35's or 37. I'm still deciding on that but how much backspace would I need for 35's.

on how wide the tire is. Backspacing will put the tire farther away or closer to the frame depending on the backspacing.

I'm hipabout the fortune it takes to buy tires. "Easy Bake" my black panel van is riding on 275 60-15's at $255 each~and it's a passenger car tire! Over the years each time I as if there's an affordable alternative I get told; "You'd have to buy different rims" ??!? Granted they're not stock, but come on there's got to be more than one tire that fits what I have! (15x8's I think)

Back