kiljoy

Hey everyone. Brand new the to this website and owning a Jeep. First off a little about my Jeep. I have an 88 YJ 4 cyl. 2.5. I initially wasn't looking to purchase a car let alone a Jeep, but a friend of mine is a Jeep fanatic. He has always been on the lookout for a Jeep that he could buy and work on. One day he comes across an ad for my Jeep and he was upset because he had just paid rent and wasn't going to have enough to purchase it. I happened to be standing near him and offered to loan him the money for it if he was that interested. He jumped at the opportunity and we left 20 minutes later to get it. As it turned out he was dissapointed because the ad said it was a CJ and it turned out to be the YJ. As he was looking it over he was amazed at the condition and the fact that the owner was only looking for 500 dollars for it. Long story short, he talks me into buying it with the promise that he would help me rebuild the engine because it wouldn't turn over. I agreed and on hearing that I would be purchasing the Jeep the owner started to pull all these extra parts for it out of his garage that he would give to me for free. At first I wasn't all that excited and I felt that I had just purchased a non operational vehicle for 500. Now, after having sat in it and having actually turned the engine over I'm in love!!! I can't wait to have this thing in mint working conditions and really enjoy my Jeep. So I guess you'll be hearing from me from time to time mainly to pick your brains on repair and mods. Thats all for now and it's nice to meet you all.

Back