No speedo after sye install

Tbates

Installed a sye kit this weekend, and now my speedo doesn't work. I managed to break my transmission. Speed sensor, which I believe is why my speedo doesn't work, but was wanting to make sure before I spent 110 on the sensor

I don't know about the Jeep side of things, I'm an electronics engineer.
It is probably a Hall effect sensor. If it has 3 wires. Brown is + 12 Volts, Blue is Common, and the third wire would be the pulse output.
If you take that third wire and "with it disconnected" from the sensor, quickly make, and break it to ground, the speedometer should give a reading.
If the color of the wires is not what I think, see if you can find me a number from the sensor.
Also, if you post your jeep type/year, I am sure more people here can help.
Good luck...

It is a 1997 with a 4.0 and has the 231 transfer case. It has a speedo gear on the rear housing of the tcase which is electronic, the sensor that broke is in the extension housing and from what I gather it controls shift points but I wasn't sure if it also has a part in the speedometer operation

That's where your speedo gets its signal. Surely you can find it cheaper.

You also want to make sure that speed sensor is clocked correctly in the transfer case. Otherwise the speedo gear will not mesh with the transfer case shaft.

Awsome thanks for the help I'll check that tonight

Back