Nomenclature VJ,CJ,TJ,XJ???

USMPK9

Greetings and Merry Christmas!

A query for you. Define the Following:

VJ, CJ I read was "Civilian Jeep",

TJ, XJ, and any others you know of.

I don't like using labels I don't understand.

Your replies will be very helpful.[addsig]

XJ-cherokee

YJ-88-95 wrangler

CJ-pre 88

TJ- 96- current day wrangler

KJ- liberty

ZJ & WJ - different years of the grand cherokee

thats the best i can do, but i know there are a slew of other jeeps pre 88 so im sure others will come along and help me out where i may have messed up.[addsig]

86 last year for CJ's

87-95 YJ

image-missing.png

here is a link with some useful knowledge HERE

Another one

Yet another one

hope this is some what helpful

image-missing.png
[addsig]

SJ- Fullsize Cherokee

MJ- Commanche

DJ- Postal

C101- Commando

Ya, CJ is '86 and earlier. YJ is '87 to '95, no '96, and TJ is '97 and later.

What's a VJ?[addsig]

Cj2A, CJ3B - -Willys i believe, circa 1946, WWII jeeps

My Uncle has one, Bad Ass is all I can say[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>VJ - Jeepster!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Never heard of it, only the old pre-Commando jeepster and the prototype, but never heard of the VJ.[addsig]

Does anyone know why they didn't make a Jeep Wrangler in 1996? Just wondering...

Vavs[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Does anyone know why they didn't make a Jeep Wrangler in 1996? Just wondering...

Vavs</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Transition year, takes a while to re-tool for such a large change in design. They actually weren't out of production for an entire year, as they made '95s kinda late and started the TJ kinda early in the model year '97.[addsig]

can anyone clear up the ZJ, WJ years for me? i know they're both grand cherokees and one is the 99-present and the other is the older ones, just which is which?[addsig]

WJ would be the 99-present and the ZJ would be the older models up to 99. And VJ would be an old 2wd jeepster which were little roadsters.They were actually pretty cool and some people convert them to 4wd now.They were made in the mid 50's if i am not mistaken and were only made for a few years.[addsig]

I rather liked this site from Jeep themselves..

Nice little history!

Jeep Heritage

And even some classic ads!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back