NV 241OR in 90 YJ

MikeB

hey guys, been a while since ive been on this forum.
i recently picked up a 241OR rock trac t-case out of a rubicon, does anyone know if i will have any problems bolting this up to my AX-15?

It should bolt in once you swap the input shaft from your 231 to the 241OR. You will also need to swap the front output yoke with one from the 231.

You will also need to modify the rear output of the 241OR to match your current setup, may mean swapping the mainshaft between the two cases and the output housing. I haven't had a 241OR apart but a lot of the parts are interchangeable between the two.

Front output yoke will be easy, but you may want to modify your YJ's rear driveshaft to mate with what is currently on the back of the 241OR.

as far as i know, the 241or has a 23 spline input shaft,same as my 231. why would the shaft need to be changed out?

I just did a little research and it appears the early AX15 like yours uses the same short 23spline input found on the 241OR. Considering this it should bolt right up. I would still contact somebody like Novak Adapt or Advance Adapters to be sure before spending any money.

You'll still have to do some work to get both driveshafts to bolt up.

Thanks Bounty Hunter, good to know everything should go in without any major complicatons, The t-case was a freebee (Gotta love Family) so it wouldnt break the bank even if i had to buy an adapter. As for driveshafts, for the rear i am going to scrap the damper for this part: TJ RUBICON FIXED YOKE KIT

This will allow me to run a longer driveshaft, i plan on running u-bolts on the yoke though, ive had bad luck with those straps in the past

You don't use ubolts on the yoke pictured, that yoke attaches directly to a CV joint with bolts through the backside of the yoke. The pictured straps are for the pinion yoke. Good choice on going with a CV rear driveshaft.
image-missing.png

a frind of mine has a has a sye kit and a cv driveshaft for 231, would i be able to make that driveshaft fit my application, provided it is long enough?

Yes, the CV should be the same, as long as the length works.

An inexpensive alternative that I use it to pick up a used TJ/XJ front driveshaft and have it shortened for the rear.

Back