o2 sensor problem

evecentral

I need to replace the 02 sensor of my 93 wrangler 4.0L. I bought a universal fit bosch o2 sensor which has 4 wires running from it. My delema is My 02 sensor plug is melted and i cut it off. So, now i only have 4 wires running from the engine harness and i dont know which 4 wires from the engine harness to put with the 4 wires from the o2 sensor. The aftermarket o2 sensor has two white wires one gray and one black. The factory wireing from the harness is one black, one green w/red stripe, one black with blue stripe, and one black with green stripe. help.

Also does the o2 sensor have anything to do with the arternator because my charging system isnt working and i noticed the red and green wire runs to the arternator and then two the fuse box. any body can help be much appreciated.

Hmmmmmm I can't help you but someone will be along shortly to help you I am sure.....:D :D :D

If I had a flashlight, I'd go take a look right now... but its night time, and I can't quite see... plus its raining... I'm on it first thing in the day

I just put a Bosch O2 sensor on my 88 XJ, not sure if the wires are the same color or not. I wil take a pic of the plug showing the wires on both sides of the plug and post it here this morning.

thanks i need some one preferably who have replaced there old o2 sensor with the bosch. does any one know what other fuctions the o2 may contribute two other then just leaning and riching the fuel system.

all and one more thing this may sound stupid but can i tst the new o2 sensor out side of the exhaust and do i need to reset my computer when ionstalled

My O2 sensor has 3 wires. red, black and blue. The red goes to red, the black goes to black and the blue goes to tan. At least it looks like tan to me.
image-missing.png

Back