Oil Pressure

geronimo_e

I reacentoy changed the preasure sending unit becouse the last one would not send a signal, but the new one send's minimum 40psi of preasure that's at idle and the jeep fully warmed up. Is there something as to much preassure... :-? , or is there somthing stuck inside?? o what....[addsig]

hmm...40 at idle sounds about right for my 258...as well as my friends'. I've never had any problems with too much pressure, don't believe there's such a thing...and in that case i would just worry about those older seals and gaskets, might blow a couple out. i would worry if it drops below 30. What engine are you running?[addsig]

jeeps usually idle and when cool, have about 40 psi... and when they warm up they have 20 or so... you've actually tried driving the thing? kuz i've found that even if i warm it up for 5+ minutes it takes a little driving to get the pressure to drop down. remember, oil takes longer to get warm than coolant, you can't judge oil temp by the temp guage in your rig.

-nate[addsig]

ok, to be more specific I have an 88 YJ with a 258 and a AX5 manual transmission, when the jeep is cold it reaches all the way to 80 and beyond, when it gets wormed up y goes down to 40 max at idle, it never goes below that... whats the deal, the engine has 25W-50 oil, could that be the reason...???, could the sensor be foulty... Thanks four your help.. :-D , i live in CD.Juarez Mexico, and there are some awesome sand dunes here, sow im in desperete need of a rear locker. but thats another story[addsig]

Back