opinions and thoughts

Will

I recently bought a '95 Cherokee w/4.0. I plan to use it as a route vehicle (I'm Rural Carrier,US Mail).Now it needs a little TLC,has 147000 miles on it.The header pipe is cracked.The rear main seal looks like it may be leaking.Runs pretty good,not using any oil and temps are good.The oil guage seems like it may be showing high,not sure,it moves around a lot.The a/c works,that's good,for me anyway.I put in a transmission cooler this past weekend,that will help.

Now for the opinions...When I replace the rear main seal..I am thinking about also replacing the oil pump.The cover is off,why not? Would it be a reasonalble idea to also replace the rod bearing's?

I would like to make this the last route vehicle I ever have to buy.Retirement is coming.So I want it to last.

I probably wouldn't but that's up to u i got 362,000 miles on my old 4.0 before it went to hell so if there well takin care of who knows how long they will last

I also had a 4.0 in my new 87 Cherokee when i purchased it new. I got over 310k before she died on me. IMHO I feel that the 4.0 was one of the BEST MOTORS ever made. As is the old 283, 327, 289, 350, 396.

Back