Perform Service light and some beeping to.

98Chero

I have a 2000 grand Laredo 2 wheel drive 4.0 6 cly. It came with a compass/outside temp display on the headliner. Everytime I start the jeep the display says “perform service” then goes back to the comp/temp mode. Also while I am driving the jeep at random times a beep beep beep pause beep beep beep sound happens, I have checked all the fluids and what I can see they are fine. I don’t have the owners manual for this jeep, but I am hoping its one of the those “turn ign on and off a few times while pumping the brake with the left turn signal going and honk three times lol I hope I am close ?

Update
I did find a artical by jeepz TerryMason on how to check engine codes. turn the key off and on three times slowly and on the fourth try it will display codes. I did it and I had no codes.

Last edited:

There is a combination that will take care of this. I don't know what it is for jeeps, But my old chevy was turn the ignition to on, pump gas pedal three times and turn ignition off. It wouldn't come on again for another 3000 miles.

I messed around in the compass/temp settings and disabled the "Perform Service" display, so thats solved. I am still getting random beep beep beep pause beep beep beep sounds tho ? I thought about disconnecting the battery overnite and see what happens. am I the only one that has a jeep that beeps.... besides the horn of course.

Back