Questions about lift for '00 XJ

studmanken

Well, I finally have enough money to buy my lift. I was looking at getting the Rusty's Off-Road 4.5" spring pack lift, but I had a few questions before I bought it. First, I have rear leaf suspension, but I wanted to convert to rear spring. I was wondering if anyone else has done this or could offer some advice on converting. Second, I was wondering what else I needed to get that didn't come with the package. I had read a few posts saying an SYE is the way to go while others said a T-case drop is, so any advice on this would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Paragon SOON . .. Real soon.

The spring pack kit is a new set of leaf springs, not a conversion to coil springs. The add-a-leaf kits just add leaves to the existing leaf packs.

If you want to convert your leaves to coils, it will cost far more than the Rusty's kit.

Rusty's people will tell you if you shim the rear axle and drop the transfer case, you wont need a SYE for their 4.5" kit on your 2000 xj. With so many mixed opinions that I've read on that subject, I would just advise you to give it a go, and if you have bad vibrations and need to do the SYE then do it.

Hi,

I've been told that shims are sort of a hit-and-miss deal. You may have to switch shim degrees several times until you find the proper angle... and its a pain to have to mess with the suspension multiple times (at least in my opinion).

-Nick :!:

Back