Questions?

Augie1971

I got a 1999 TJ.. 2" body lift.. 2" budget boost.. stock 30 and 35 with 3:73 gears... was wondering about the possibilities of getting 35 x 10.50 x 15....tires????????? what kind of power will I have? will the stock axles break...probably no wheeling.. untill spring ..when I will then change the gears to 4:88s

first.. welcome to Jeepz! and from all i've heard, 33's are the most you want to run w/the stock 30/35 axles... the "pizza cutter" 10.5's will help but the torque on that diameter is still pretty rough for those axles... just my $.02... oh, and you can probably forget you even have 5th gear... my 33's hardly ever see it w/the 6 cyl and stock gearing....

Doooooooooooode!!
I'm runnin 35's with 3.55 gearing on the stock 30/35 combo with no probs.
BUT...i take it easy on the wheelin aspect...I play in the sand and mud sparingly....no full throttle banzai's.
No probs on the street and contrary to popular belief...you don't lose 5th gear.....just gotta wind er up a bit more before shiftin'.

If my goofy combo is working fine(so far) then yours should be too.:)

im running 33s on my yj 2.5l on stock 4.10 axles and he is right i have a better gearing and i dont see 5th at all. and i put on some aftermaket parts under the hood.

I just sold my TJ 2.5 with 33x12.5 because I never shifted into 5th. Next time I will go with the 6 before doing any mods. It's still had plenty of torque but I didn't feel like trailering it everytime I wanted to go off road.

Back