Racho shock

jjet

I just bought some Rancho 5000s. I took off my old shock and went to put on the Rancho and it wouldn't fit. The top hole where the bushing is has a metal sleave(?) through it. So it won't fit over the bolt. I checked the numbers and it seems they sent the right shock. I s the metal sleeve supposed to bein the middle of the bushing? I have a 91 YJ. Any help would be great...JT[addsig]

Many times the bushing from the old shock stays on the mounting bolt. It´s often hard to see because it´s almost rusted solid. Clean the end of the mounting bolt, where the blank shaft starts and look closely. Sometimes shocks fit more than one type of vehicle, they usually provide a party pack (various sizes of bushings and such). A little oil a small socket (the size of the bushing) and a bigger socket, used with a bench vise will usually remove the bushings without damage (carefull). Grease the bolts and bushings when installing, makes changing them next time a lot easier.[addsig]

Thanks for the advise! I will take a look at that mounting bolt. And the bushings.[addsig]

Back