Rattling dash

jeepfann

Alright guys, I hav a 95yj and yes I am one of those guys that cant stand noise. I have eliminated every rattle, wind noise, vibration except for one, It sounds like somthing is loose inside the center of my dash, it isnt coming from the heater box or a fresh air vent/door it is in the dash. It makes a noise like a loose rod or bracket. Before I go ape s--t on my dash, has anyone had a simsimalr issue or am just going to have to start tearing it down and hope for the best?:???:

A rattle free jeep??? Never herd of such athing.... LOL. Best of luck to ya.

-James

I know you said it was coming from the middle of the dash, but you might check the factory stereo speakers on either side of the dash.

Mine were loose, and the location of the sound was hard to pinpoint at first. They are held fast by a couple of small nuts and bolts attached to the speaker grill.

I've got the same problem on my '04 wrangler. I popped the top vent cover off and put pressure on all the spots the rattle may be comming from. No luck. Problem, it's not just a rattle, It's LOUD. I hate it....
:(

I had a rattle in my dash for a long time. When I replaced the radio I noticed one of the mounts to the vent controls broke. Zip tied it up and it was gone.

Back