Raven13xxx, I have a question

ExtremeJeepYJ

I was searching through some old posts about doing a chevy 350 conversion and saw one in which you stated that in your shop this can be done in 3 days!!??!! everywhere else i've seen its taken a minimum of two weeks...im getting ready to start tomorrow morning bright and early, im working in a full garage with a ASE mechanic and we'll be working on it from morning till night untill it is finished, with 2 people, how long do you think the job will take, or atleast how long untill we'll have the measurements to send off and have a driveshaft made?

Also will the alternator/power steering pump adapt to the chevy engine or will a new GM alternator/p.s. pump need to be purchased? and will the distributor fit or does the fire wall need to be trimmed?

Thanks[addsig]

3 days is about right, as long as you have all the needed tools ie: torch, welder, and air. Most of the motors we use are complete drop ins and have the alt and p/s pump and all already on it. All we have to do is fabricate some new hoses. I have done a couple where we had to make some new brackets, but that's easy to do. I would go ahead and get the new items and do it right. As far as any cutting, I have only cut one Jeep, a 92 YJ to fit a 454. Follow the old adage, "Measrure twice, cut once."[addsig]

Yep, got all the goodies we'll need as far as tools go, the motor isnt a drop in, it was a reman engine and reman heads, ordered all the other goodies i needed from Summit, yet to order the p.s. pump but did order the alternator, im pretty sure as long as we can fab. a bracket to mount the p.s. pump that it should work...startin to rip the old engine transmission out tomorrow morning bright and early....hopefully the 3 day estimate will hold true and maybe i'll have my baby back on the street in a week, which would be perfect.[addsig]

If you have an older YJ with the GM power steering, you can use a GM bracket from a full size van. It will have 3 mounting points, you want to cut off the top one that interferes with the resevoir neck and mount with the other two tabs.[addsig]

Back