Ready to pull the trigger on this one... Tell me why not.

Conrad906

So after my adventure yesterday and today with the Wrangler that turned out to have a salvage title, I go and find this gem today... ya'll are gonna have to convince me NOT to buy it... after seeing it in person, I'm pretty sold.

95 Sahara, Rio Grande Edition
$6500 (right between trade in and retail on NADA)
no rust visible any where except a little on the leaf springs
Owner said the catalytic converter just got replaced in december by a muffler company. had receipt.

Only problem is that the radio needs to be replaced... apparently if you try to turn it up, it turns itself ALL The Way Up... (Maybe ya'll know a fix for this?)

Attachments

• 3photo.JPG
    3photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 183
  • 2photo.JPG
    2photo.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 162
  • 1photo.JPG
    1photo.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 164

Cosmetically it looks really nice. But how's it drive and how's the engine look? I'd haggle him down to about 4000, since it's a salvage. On the other hand, I deal mostly with cjs so it's not unusual to come by a salvage title.

Cosmetically it looks really nice. But how's it drive and how's the engine look? I'd haggle him down to about 4000, since it's a salvage. On the other hand, I deal mostly with cjs so it's not unusual to come by a salvage title.

No, No. You misunderstood. This ISNT a salvage. (that was one I drove yesterday) This title is clean. 2 owner. Never seen a trail. Engine is pristine. Drives like a Jeep.

4 cyls do just fine off road. Just as well, if not sometimes better than the I6s. If you have no hills to deal with and don't mind being in the slow lane on the freeway, then I say go for it. Its a good looking jeep.

OK, just to clarify, that's not a SAHARA, it is a Rio Grande. Saharas are 6 cyl and RG are 4 cyl. It looks very well taken care of, but it seems a bit pricey. I paid $6500 for my 4 banger almost 5 years ago (mine is a 94), although it did NOT come with the hardtop (which can easily go for $600 if you get a used one on the cheap) for that price...

Now, as far as the four banger goes, it wheels on par with the I6, but on the highway is where you will notice the big difference in displacement. That engine is pretty much indestructible, unless you really dont take care of it. The transmission, on the other hand, is a bit weak, and if not taken care of right (as in, if you put the oil that Jeep recommended!), the synchros will act up FOR SURE. Typically, 5th gear also acts up a bit... Having said all that, I would try to get him for $5500 or lower, but I would not consider it horribly bad if you get it for $6000.

Looks great.I do agree a bit high for a 2.5l,but I also dont know what Jeeps sell for in your area.I bought my Jeep 2 years ago it is a 97 2.5l with 150k miles on it and I only paid 4,000 for it.I would do a quick search in your area for the going price on the 2.5l.If it is in line I would jump on it.Just remember the cheaper you get it for,the more money you have to put into it..lol

does seem kinda high for 16yrs old and over a 100k miles w/ a 4banger
i'd go 5k tops
In Md they typically run about 3500 to 5500 all day long.

A salvage title is worth half as much.. You are over paying if you dont belive me ask the owner if you can take it to a dealer and tell them its a salvage title you will not get anything for it. It is a clean jeep though

KULSH said:
A salvage title is worth half as much.. You are over paying if you dont belive me ask the owner if you can take it to a dealer and tell them its a salvage title you will not get anything for it. It is a clean jeep though

Dude...its NOT a salvage title...that was the first one he went to look at. Sheesh.

I've been doing some research for what those go for around here, and it seems to be between 3500 and 4500. The Rio grand edition is the more "affordable" version of the Sahara model. Id try to talk em down a little bit without any upgrades. It is used. Just see what you can do. Its a good looking jeep.

Good looking jeep.. the seller is going to high ball and you should low ball and usually you can meet in the middle.. let us no how it turns out....

Back