Redline MT90 or Pennzoil Syncromesh For a AX15

Jracka

Want to make sure the transmission that is on my (95) jeep has the best fluid in it. I am going to change it and always hear about these 2 fluids. Which one should i be using in my transmission? Thanks for the help. jason

Same goes for the ol T-18 and what about my Dana 20 transfer case need to change out both? Am sold on Synromesh and it is a bit cheaper than Red Line. What is the best choice for me. Thanks in advance tug

Redline MT90 is the best for the AisinWarner AX5 and AX15. I'd say use Penzoil Synchromesh as a second choice, I don't think it's synthetic like the Redline.

As for you jeepers with the CJ's and the '87-'89 that have the Peugeot, these two gear oils may not provide you any benefits and may not justify the extra expense. I only know of the AX5 and AX15 having the problem with the GL5 being corrosive to the soft brass synchonizers. I'd check into using a quality off-the-shelf synthetic 90W or whichever your owner's manual or FSM recommends.

i did a lot of reading on synchromesh.... it claims to do great work on any manual transmission due to the fact that it is a synchronizer meshing fluid... wonder where they got the name for it

Back