Renix woes

Richardb98

Should start this off by saying this 400$ jeep has not been the slightest bit reliable, but it's gotten me home every time! This is a 1987 jeep Cherokee 4.0 4x4. So the other night I was driving along, and all of a sudden I felt a loss of power. It got steadily worse, it would revv up to about 4k max and I'd have to shift to 1-2 to start moving, and it got steadily worse until my bud had to hop out and push me when I had to start going at a green light. So I pulled my injector wires to see what cylinders where dead and they where 1-5-6. So I replaced my push rods because a similar thing happened before and they where bent rods. New rods where in that night and next morning it wouldn't even start. It's worth noting my push rods where fine, but I went ahead anyways just becuse I was there. So now it'll crank and start to catch, rev up to 1.5 k and die. Any ideas?

Just a shot in the dark, but possibly your ignition chip located in your distributor. I believe it regulates fireing to your plugs. That may noT be the correct name for it, but It does create such problems. It's small ,smaller then a dime. Located beneath your points.

I would say you have an electrical issue and it's probably a sensor getting a bad connection

Back