Resetting the Liberty's "Perform Service" Reminder

TPIMonteSS

Hey all,
I just did the first 3,000 mile oil change on my wife's '03 Jeep Liberty Limited this morning.

I looked through the owner's manual, and, big surprise :)roll:), it doesn't say how to reset the "Perform Service" reminder.

I did try a search on this but didn't find anything related to the Liberty. Can anyone clue me in?

Thanks all![addsig]

hmmf. well, on my buddy's grand cherokee, there's a sequence/combination of buttons to hold down while turning the key. does your liberty have that little display on the center console that tells you what doors are open and when its in 4wd and such?[addsig]

hmmf. well, on my buddy's grand cherokee, there's a sequence/combination of buttons to hold down while turning the key. does your liberty have that little display on the center console that tells you what doors are open and when its in 4wd and such?

We have one of the overhead consoles similar to the '99-up Grand Cherokee. It shows fuel mileage, trip mileage/time, and has the compass with outside temperature.

The 4WD display on our Liberty is in the gauge cluster.[addsig]

So the "Perform Service" reminder is an idiot light or what?

In our TrailBlazer (I know, not a Jeep, but it pulls the Jeep REALLY well) you have to pump the accelerator three times with the ignition off, within a 5-second period. Liberty is probably a similar sequence, I'd call the stealership and ask them.[addsig]

So the "Perform Service" reminder is an idiot light or what?

In our TrailBlazer (I know, not a Jeep, but it pulls the Jeep REALLY well) you have to pump the accelerator three times with the ignition off, within a 5-second period. Liberty is probably a similar sequence, I'd call the stealership and ask them.

I think it's the same overhead console as in my mom's '99 Grand Cherokee. I tried the GM idea (pump throttle) because that was how I reset it on my old '96 Impala SS.

Anyway, I have it figured out now...will post in a new thread. :)[addsig]

Back