Rocker gaurds

mattito

I think my next big purchase- read - need the old ladys' permission- will be rocker gaurds. I like the AtoZ Fab units. What are some other good brands out there? If you have website info I would appreciate it!

Matt

Use the Bounty Hunter xpress Gaurds. 4"x4"x1/4" Angle Iron bolted thru the Rocker panels and there you go. No need to get the little ladys approval cost it aint going to cost that much. Save the begging thing for a bigger more needed mod later down the road. tug

Here they are with 2"x2" tube added, makes for a 6" wide skid underneath. Rear bolt goes through seatbelt brace, and front is bolted on each side of the firewall, so they are stout. They have been tested on the rocks, they're not going anywhere.
DSCN3174JPG-1.jpg

Bounty, can you post a picture of the under side how it mounts? You said to the seatbelt brace, and near the fire wall... is that the only 2 underside locations?

corey

Doesn't mount anywhere underneath, just the 6 bolts on the side. The rearmost bolt is 4" long and is through a boxed section of the tub that braces the lower seatbelt mount. The forwardmost 2 bolts are in front of and behind the firewall, so you gain the rigidity of the firewall.

You can add metal underneath and run the skid under a body mount, that's pretty common and more slick that attaching it to the frame. I'd run it between the body mount and the tub if I thought it really needed it, but it doesn't.

Back