Rocker Protection

What kind of jeep?

Here are my the one's on my CJ7.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
[/img]

Best rocker for the money is a 1/4" x 4" x 4" angle iron running from wheel well to wheel well. From there you can add any number of items to make em your own thing. tug

bounty is right.... big, strong, beefy, ugly angle iron is the best way to go... then you can add all sorts of extras to it

Snitty said:
bounty is right.... big, strong, beefy, ugly angle iron is the best way to go... then you can add all sorts of extras to it
:roll: Just razzin ya, Snitty.

Here's mine, there's a lot of options with 4"x4"x.25" angle iron.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

DSCN3174JPG-4.jpg

DSCN3175JPG-4.jpg

Mine should be here Saturday. They are modeled after yours, Bounty, but a little different. I'll get pix when they're on

Quick question regarding the custom angle iron rockers (I've got the machine shop at school making me a set - nice call Tug with the angle iron!). Are there specific locations you should or shouldn't bolt these bad boys on along the frame? It appears from the posted pics that the holes are just spaced out along the panel. Thanks for the input.

Cheers,
Geoff

jps4jeep said:
Bounty, Do yours tie into the frame at all?

No. A good friend of mine has went into business making these, and he ties his into the body mounts. Not a bad idea. but mine have taken a huge beating with no problems.

As for where to put the holes, most importantly make sure they are above the floorline inside the tub, or you'll be drilling into the floor. Leave enough room inside for a large fender washer.
It's a good idea to have the forward most hole into the front fender, then you're tied into the body on both sides of the firewall which will be stronger. The rearmost hole goes all the way through the boxed seatbelt mount, a very stout area. Takes a long bolt, but it's stonger this way.

I need to make a set, But I am going with the 5x5 1/4 version. I local supplier wand $6.04 a foot. I had factory steps on mine, then I went to TJ flares and now I have 5 holes in the body on each side. Thus far I only siliconed them shut. will weld them shut when it comes time.

Back