Rubber v. poly sway bar link bushing

Yeah I know this is a nit picky question, but doing some suspension spruce ups on the old 96 XJ and I'm in the middle of looking at front sway bar links. The Moog has what looks like blue poly bushings, whereas the OMIX ADA has rubber bushings.

Problem is I've been trying to go all rubber bushings as I've been told they give a better ride and aren't as noise.

So the question is...should rubber vs. poly matter muich as this junction point...sway bar link to say bar? Should I just go with the Moog w/ poly?

There is a grease you can put in the poly to keep the squeaking down.
Overall you noted the biggest issues.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Yeah that's my question too...whats the advantages of poly. I've heard they give a stiffer ride, but for bushings that effect steering maybe that'd be what you'd want. Would greasing once a year keep the poly quiet?

So do you notice any benefit of poly over rubber or does poly present any issue?

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

It seems the poly holds up better over time. They are a little stiffer in a side by side comparison, installed I don’t notice a huge difference but it has been probably over 15 years since I switched over to poly. They still are hanging in there.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back