Searching for tail lights

Rex

I broke a tail light on my '74 CJ5 the other day so I'm looking to replace it. But I want to make a modification to both of the tail lights. Right now I have the kind of tail lights that bolt on to the back of the Jeep and stick out several inches.

A friend's Jeep has tail lights that fit flush with the back of the body. In other words, his tail lights are recessed so they are flush with the surface of the rear of the Jeep. It's a lot nicer installation than to have the lights hanging off the back. So I start looking for an LED upgrade and that's no problem. Except for one thing. They're the kind of round tail light that attach to the back. I want the kind that has a flange on it so I can drill a hole and recess it into the body.

My problem is that I can't find any, LED or the old style. Every tail light I have found for my Jeep is designed to attach to the back and don't come with a flange. So is what I am looking for available anywhere? I don't know where my friend got his but I thought getting the lights with the flange would be pretty easy. Not the case. Not only can I not find any with LEDs I can't find anything with a flange on it. So if anyone knows where I can find what I'm looking for do me a big favor and let me know where I can buy them.

Back