$#@% Shattering Windows!!!

LtFuzz

Ok, so I went to get in my 87 YJ today...rolled down the window, backed out of my driveway, and stopped to get the mail. I opened the door, and I heard the drivers side window shatter into a billion pieces....so that ruined my day...but its not the 1st time....that happened to me about 6 months ago, on the passenger door....i dont mistreat my doors, never drop them or anything of the sort. wtf is wrong with them?! :x :x :x thanks

Major Mike Cox
183rd SAR Squadron

That suck's, never heard of such a thing. What sort of climate do you live in. tug

when i was 16, my stepfather bought an old ramcharger for me to drive... he was angry at my one day... and slammed the door on me... the glass shattered all over me... for the next month, i was finding pieces of glass in the pockets in my coat

First I would remove the door panles and check the tracks and rubber guild railss for missing rubber. ect
I also believe the glass is held into the raising mechinizem by screws...this being the case there should be something to keeps them from being applied directly to the glass. a slight bit of pressure in opposite directions as from the screws can place alot of tourqe to the glass that with just the right circume stances can shatter it.
When you go buy the new window see if the store has a diagram of the window and lifting mech. to see if you have any missing peices.
Also as the window is down (with the door panle off) I would check to see is anything is near or contacting the glass while moving it.

THe only other thing I could think of is maybe your doors are mis-aligned and the glass is in a bind? were they difficult to roll up and/or down?

That's weird man!

How hard do you slam your doors? I've been around some guys that you'd think were WWF when they shut thier doors. It has to jar the glass some if it's done repeatedly, you'd think.

I'm sure some of these other more scientific approaches may be right, but sometimes its the simple things we miss. Just a thought.

Lady

Back