Shift lite come on some times

Richieboy

Feels better rpms when it don't come on
It's feels better more power could it be a ground problem or in my head 92 wrangler manual thanks guys.
Happy pattys day!!!

Shift light is for economy purposes where it will get better mileage. Comes on based on engine load and speedo and throttle position.

Shouldn't be either. PCM just switches the light on when the right conditions are met. If it's running in its economic peak. It won't make much power. If you accelerate hard does it pull smooth through out the rpms.

It's just pulls better when the light is off some times it comes on and other times it do not come on at all the rpms go up Easy

No check eng light Ok thanks
No light good smooth rpms light on rough
Rpms when the light
Is not on 1st gear 3000 rpms real smooth. 2 and 3rd to
Climbs rite up. Just werid. Ok good nite.

If the light is off, you are operateing it correctly,when you give it more gas, it gives the engine more power and the light goes off,its not to hard to figure out.

Maybe it in my head.
When the shift light is off or not working that day it just drives better
No breaking up. That's all some days its on some days it's off

Maybe it in my head.
When the shift light is off or not working that day it just drives better
No breaking up. That's all some days its on some days it's off
The shift light comes on at low RPM's recommending you shift early for optimal fuel mileage. It will often not activate under hard acceleration.

I'd bet your intermittent poor running condition is in no way connected to the shift light coming on.

My shift light NEVER comes on at all... I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I removed the light bulb?

For real, I removed the light bulb because I got sick and tired of the computer telling me to shift at all the wrong moments...

is that the orange/red arrow pointing up. its on the bottom left corrner of my indicator lights panel. sometimes its on somes times its off. just dont know what its for.

DON'T shift by that light; pull the bulb or put black tape over it.

Back