Small XJ lift options

Cherokee_MZ

im looking to ad 2 to 3 inches of lift on my 95 Xj(escellent condition, no sag). Basically i want to fit 30's and get reasonable travel... I'm still in high school so my funds are not incredible(understatement of the century). But i was considering either A) going with an add a leaf (skyjacker)in the back and new skyj ackerfront 3' lift coils(from 4wd.com).
option B is the same, except instead of getting new coils id get spacers(to push down my shocks-don't worry i understand that XJ's are unibodies).

what i want to know is if lift A or B will be a really rough ride, and if so what can i do to change that.
any other cheap lifting options would be greatly appreciated.
i have decided against shackles inthe rear because i don't want to break them, or have sway in my jeep.

thanks for the help and keep on wavin'

well if ALL you want to do is put 30's on... you should be fine, especially if your suspension isn't sagging any. i fit BFG 30x9.5 a/t's on my stock 97. it will be a little tight... but it shouldn't rub or cause any probs. if you are set on a lift though, replace as much of the components as you can afford to do so. spacers are ok and all... but they're not that great and will make for a rough ride. definitely go with new front coils if you can, and add-a-leaf on the rear. new rear spring pack's are ideal also... but a little more costly. check out rusty's 3" lift kits for XJ's... www.rustysoffroad.com - best prices you'll find.

I used 3" coils from www.rustysoffroad.com for $99 for the pair, then used 2" lift blocks in the rear for about $40 from www.jcw.com , total about $150 and had 30" tires with no rubbage offroad. I did also have MJ shackles in the rear that adds about 1".

You'll need the 3" lift to clear the 30" tires the correct way.

Check out Rusty's kits for the XJ, good price and his Hydro shocks ride great. If you get the AAL, get the full-length one, never get the short ones.

CJ-7 Hartop for sale

They may clear when sitting still but what about during everyday driving, like hitting a pothole or speedbump or entering a gas station entrance ramp at an angle? I disagree that they fit, XJ's have tight wheel wells, tighter than any other Jeep. 30" tires will rub on a stock YJ and they have slightly more tire clearance.

Stick with the 3" kit.

Back