Snowplow

Jeep4Everything

Anyone know anything about the Snow Sport plow? They look good, but anyone have one? the price is right on them... thanks[addsig]

Depending on what you plan to plow and where you are - the price of a plow is really commensurate with what you are doing. If the 'sport plow' you are thinking of is the one that goes into a hitch.\, I looked into it and found it to be a pain in the neck. To raise and lower, you have to get out and do it manually as well as any sideways motion. On top of which, it is only about 1-2 feet high. You would do better with a snow blower. I bought a light plow (used) - a Sno-Way and it has given me good service for two years (except for when the main hydraulic hose blew right before out last 3-4' snow. The dealer fixed it in time ($600 for the hoses and installation) and low low with chains on the rear did a pretty good job (heavy wet snow). I had to put an extra fan on the front of the radiator and lifts and air shocks on the front to keep from dragging the plow over any bump at all. Good Luck!!

Evan thow this post is 7 years old........A Western Boss or Meyer 6,5 would be better in the long run thay are a little more $$$$ but a lot stronger. i have a Mayer 6.5 for a jeep and a Boss 7,6 on my truck LET IT SNOW..

Last edited:
I don't know if either the Meyer or Western Boss are as light as the Sno-Way - I also don't know what you mean by 'stronger'. The Sno-Way is 14 years old and going strong - with the exception of the hydraulic hoses - which had to be replaced. I still maintain that the 'sport plow' is for someone with a small paved driveway.

Back