Soft top in the car wash?

iowaboy

4.0 liter performance

Hey guys.

In the owner's manual it says to not use any sort of spray wax on the soft top. My question is this: if you can't take it through the automatic wash (I definitely wouldn't try that), and you can't use the spray wax in the do-it-yourself bay, how do you guys wash your Jeeps? By hand? God forBID!!

you wash your jeep? :lol: the most my rig ever gets is maybe power washed to get the heavy stuff off. just remember a dirty jeep is a happy jeep. :D

I have a 2003 TJ. I always take my jeep to the do it yourself carwash when I comes time to spay the wax on I just try not to get it on the soft top but over spray gets on it and my top looks great. So I wouldn’t worry about it just don’t spay directly on it and you should me fine.

they just opened a couple "Hand Car Washes" in my area. I tried one out a couple of weeks ago. a bit dear.. $20 but they did the best wash I've ever seen. They took almost 30+ minutes start to finish. 4 guys working at a time. I swear my jeep felt new.

I would go back even at that price. I'm even contemplating having them put on the Heap's yearly Mother's application.

I don't trust the wax in the car washes so I don't use it. There is so little area on a jeep it doesn't take but a couple minutes to wax the whole body. I also don't use the high pressure wash on my soft top or soft windows, I use soapy brush and then the low pressure spot free rinse on the top. Everything else gets the full deal though.

After mudding I prefer to leave the 50 lbs of dirt in the silt trap at the car wash instead of on my driveway :wink:

just wash it by hand. I've never takin my jeep through a car wash. And i have a hard top! I just washed my jeep today and it's 50 here in jersey. So Suck it up! I'm just bustin ur chops. Definitely don't put a soft top through a car wash. It can't handle the pressure and the water will come right through. Doing it by hand or one of those car wash bays is the best way. You get a better clean anyway.
Mike

Back