speaker placement!?!?!?!

PKLgreenJeepZ

i really need to get my speakers in but i dont want to put them in the open! some one will def steal them and i have a hard top so i cant keep putting it on and off when ever i want. is there a good place like under the dash i can put them???somewhare???? [addsig]

i bought the speaker boxes that went around the roll bar at floor level w the cupholders. they are sideways and mostly not real visible but, if they want them they will get them.[addsig]

I placed my front speakers on the transmission Hump to the front of the Jeep infront of the Shifters. Made me a bracket and set them faceing at about a 22.5* angle out from the center and tilted up abot the same amount of degree from the floor. They really sond goo there. My rear peakers are behind the roll bars and on top of the fender wells as far back to the rear as I could set them. They can be had if some one wants them so why bother hidding them. tug[addsig]

I have these front speakers in the stock location in my dash, they dont put out bass at all but i made this board in the back of my seat with 2 6x9's and they sound GREAT...loads of bass for 6x9's on a sony deck 40watts...
i dont have any pics but im shure u can find something on the net...

baby!! since both speakers and in the same "box" (truck acts like a sealed(almost) box) nice clear bass...my friend are pretty impressed..i pretty much got the nicest sound...

No need for an amp...except maybe ill try ton configure a 10" sub / amp and those 6x9's in some way...space is limite tough...

ill try to get pics someday! :-D [addsig]

I don't know about TJ's or CJ's but if you have a YJ, I don't think you have too much to worry about with getting your front speakers stolen. They're a pain to get either in or out. When I installed my first set of speakers it took me a couple of hours just to get the front speakers out because there's no room to get your hand or even tools up behind the dash. When my jeep was stolen, they ripped my whole dash apart to get the front speakers. My insurance company replaced my dash first, then sent it in to get the stereo replaced and the stereo shop ripped apart the whole dash to install the front speakers. It's easier to rip apart the dash than try and get your hand behind it.[addsig]

Back