Speedometer Adjutment

jjet

I just went from stock rims and tires to 31"tires and 15 x 8 rims. Can anyone tell me how far off my speedometer is and if it will read faster or slower than actual speed? Thanks a lot!....JT[addsig]

Glad to see ya on the site jjet! Welcome! As for your question.... I'm not sure. I do know that there is an electrical device that can alter your speedometer to match your tire size. I can look for it, and get you the info at a later date. GR93 :) [addsig]

Thanks! I will look at the web sight. I'm not too good at math, but I'll try. If there is anything else, thanks in advance....JT[addsig]

I did the same thing and my spedometer is off only 1 or 2 mph it shouldn't be enough of a difference to get you pulled over because you thought you weren't going that fast[addsig]

could you use your lift and larger tires as an excuse for speeding? im sorry officer i bought it this way and didnt know the speedo was off? [addsig]

There are places that you can take your jeep into and they'll calibrate your speedo for you. I was going to take my old truck in when I went from stock to 35" tires to have it calibrated and they wanted $80. to do it. Then I realized that with larger tires and not having the speedo calibrated, it will read a slower speed than I was actually going and my trip odometer would read less mileage. After a few years of driving, you will save quite a bit of mileage on your vehicle without having it calibrated, but where I live it's illegal, so don't get caught. As for telling the cop your speedo is out, you're just asking for a vehicle inspection.[addsig]

Back