Spray or Roll on ???

jhiggins

What is the best way to go about Herculining the tub of
my jeep ..What are the pro's and Cons' of these two and
which do you think is better???? :-? [addsig]

Roll on seems to be the best bang for the buck. If you have the extra cash for a coustom spry job roll it and save some $s to put into some other mod. Plus you can say I did it myself. tug[addsig]

I have a spray attachment that hooks up to
my compressor to spray it , so either way
I would be doing it myself........ :-D :-D [addsig]

The shutz gun that is used for this stuff will spray it everywhere. You will spend a lot of time masking off and taping. When I did mine I rolled it on even though we spray in liners professionally. The amount of time that you spend taping off the jeep,so that it is not covered in overspray, you can roll it on and get almost the same texture and the same protection. Just food for thought

[addsig]

That is a good point I never thought about all the
overspray that I might get...But what about the tight
hard to reach corners and stuff??? :-D [addsig]

I would recommend rolling it on .......my uncle and i put it in his cj5 and we tryed the spray on and like ecor said it gets everywhere!! The only thing with the roll on is it is soo thick it is hard to roll and hard to get in the corners n stuff. But if you take yur time it looks nice. And another hint that we learned the hard way.....do it somewhere where there is no bugs(or as few as possible) cuz they land all over it and get stuck like a big fly trap!! Also where there is alot of ventalation ......oh man that stuff is strong time ten!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck! :) [addsig]

Use a foam brush. Its a big bowl, as a kid I used my fingers, come to think of it I still do that too. There is a weld line on the tub at the pedels, thats usually where we stop. in the front. The 2" or 3" foam brush is your frend around the back fenders ;-) [addsig]

Thanks a million for the tips I really do appreciate it
more than you will ever know ......... :-D [addsig]

i can't wait til i get my body work done... i'm so excited about lining it.. inside and out[addsig]

I've seen the difference between roll on and spray on and they both look really good if you know what you are doing. I think the spray on gives it a better finish and texture although it takes a lot longer to do because of all the masking. When I did my jeep (not with herculiner but rubber undercoating) I sprayed it on. I gutted the interior, took off the top and went aroung the whole outside and masked the body off from the inside with plastic sheets, then masked off the shifters and dashboard. It turned out excellent.[addsig]

Thanks for the input that's what I think I am going
to do with it, but who knows I may change my mind
again and again.......That's the cool things about jeeps........ :-D [addsig]

The parts store by me has it in a spray can for tight corners. Just a thought.......[addsig]

I got ya thought of that ...I think I am going to go
ahead and take all the stuff and tape it off .....
I will let you know how it turns out.... :-D :-D [addsig]

Back