steering ,blinkers,ignition etc

kosmo

My Blinkers dont cancel after a turn so If I forget to turn it off I look like one of those old laddies that leave their blinker on for miles. My key wiil pull out when the jeep is running . I have no horn (after market steering wheel) grant I think. And I can not get my hazzard lights to stay on the switch is all jacked up. I know these are probably normal jeep stuff and One symptom I could live with but all of them together are annoying. yadda yadda yadda They have all the parts to fix it for cheap in quadratec. Has anyone replaced any of these. Is it hard how long did it take. If you had to do it again what would you do different etc Thanks for any help

JEEPZ.COM RULES!!!![addsig]

Need a steering wheel puller and if it´s a Chevy type steering column, a compression tool for the spring, to remove the wire type C clip. Without the compression tool ( I made my own, the second time I tried it), you´ll need three arms and a strong nose (to push with). The rest is pretty straight forward stuff, but remember plastic gets brittle with age, and mark the steering wheel before removal, take your time and lay the parts out in order carefully. Makes assembly alot easier. If I remember correctly some of the screws and such are TORX, needs some special sockets. And don´t forget to unhook the battery (been there done that). Could be the after market steering wheel is your problem. The key for my YJ comes out, with the motor running and I have a new lock assembly. I think they are supposed to do that.[addsig]

My key used to come out then I replaced the tumbler and now everyonce in a while I find myself wanting to use my keys while the jeep is running, so if I were you I would leave that alone but take care of the blinkers and the hazzards. My hazzards don't flash they are just solid so if you come up with a solution I would like to hear. Evan[addsig]

my friends' 93 GC's turn signals and hazards didn't blink (they just stayed on solid... i'm assuming that's what you're talking about) so we had to manually blink them, like flip the turn signal lever up and down to signal a turn... big pain in the ass. then he got new 'flashers'... which is the technical name for the electrical things that, when getting power, distribute power in a pulse, like your turn signal. they're found at the dealer, or at autoparts stores in the same area as relays and other electrical stuff.[addsig]

mine is the switch if I push the hazzard light button in and hold it in the flash but when I let go the button pops out. Sometimes I like having my key to come out to but it is starting to feel really worn out. Dear Santa I would like my jeep to be magically fixed for xmas so I dont have to bitch about it on my xmas vacation while I am freezing my ass off and trying to get things to work Thanks Kosmo[addsig]

kosmo - your problem is your ignition switch. there are tons of wires, connected by plastic connectors, that you'll need to unplug and plug into a new ignition switch to get this to work. you may even need a new steering column. if you think you're gonna find me out in the cold working on your jeep, you're drunk as hell. do it yourself.

-santa

heh... good luck![addsig]

Back