steering/death wobble HELP!!!

theginger969

alright so i have a 94 cherokee 2dr, has a 3.5inch lift with 32in mudders, when driving the steering wheel is like upside down almost so i can't use turn signals, so i dropped the track bar off and let my axle hang hoping it would do me some good, well no, just created more problems and don't know how, now i can barely turn my wheel to the left, and also my right tire hits the fender and this never happened before, i know my allignment is off her something, cause the tires are almost bald on the front inside tred, idk what to do, the wobble could possibly be from the tires, but why all of a sudden would my tire begin hitting the fender, if anyones got any ideas, shoot me an email, or even better a text/ call 610-883-3713

theginger969 said:
alright so i have a 94 cherokee 2dr, has a 3.5inch lift with 32in mudders, when driving the steering wheel is like upside down almost so i can't use turn signals, so i dropped the track bar off and let my axle hang hoping it would do me some good, well no, just created more problems and don't know how, now i can barely turn my wheel to the left, and also my right tire hits the fender and this never happened before, i know my allignment is off her something, cause the tires are almost bald on the front inside tred, idk what to do, the wobble could possibly be from the tires, but why all of a sudden would my tire begin hitting the fender, if anyones got any ideas, shoot me an email, or even better a text/ call 610-883-3713

Take a measurement of the distance between the tops of both front wheels, and then do the same for the bottoms...if they're different, that's most likely your problem for the balding anyway

If that's the case, its adjustable. Its called your toe-in, if you have a Chilton it will tell you how to fix it, or you can come back here and let us know. There are lots of folks here that like to help

ok, not positive about much towards body work, i have no certifactions in anything, i'm the engine guy of my group of friends. So tie rods is almost jebrish to me.

Well for now its a good idea just to take the measurements of the distances between the tops and bottoms of the front tires. Go to the centers, and let me know if there's a difference. In the meantime, ill type up a little how-to doo hickee for you

Use the drag link to center your wheel. Once the toe is close

Personally I think it's worth the 49.95 for an alignment. The machines are way more accurate than a tape measure. The tape measure will get you to the alignment shop.

Jester32 said:
Personally I think it's worth the 49.95 for an alignment. The machines are way more accurate than a tape measure. The tape measure will get you to the alignment shop.

Haha! You got that right... I was just saying he could start there and see if that's even the issue. Though it most likely is. Getting an alignment done professionally is definitely worth it.

anyone live in PA that wants to help?

sorry i'm to far west in the state to help. but taking it to a local place for alingment would be a great idea. you can use a tape measure for it but that alingnemnt would really dial it in.

hey so i figured out what was wrong with the jeep, first off i just bought it. its got a bad dif/bent tube for the axle, leaking powersteering, bad tie rods, and passenger side knuckles are bent.

Oh nice. Sounds like it's seen some air time. Lol.

theginger969 said:
hey so i figured out what was wrong with the jeep, first off i just bought it. its got a bad dif/bent tube for the axle, leaking powersteering, bad tie rods, and passenger side knuckles are bent.

Yeah that would do it. And it certainly does sound like somebody in its not so distant past loved jumps.

anyone no what axle is on front of this jeep 94 cherokee, is it a dana 30?

Back