Stuck line truck

TwistedCU

That's what he said when he called.
When I got there he was sitting on the subframe, but He was still trying to dig it deeper when I showed up. :lol::
stuck3-3.jpg

duh:
stuck5-3.jpg

yeah, that's about as deep as I could get it Harry, can ya yank me out? :roll:
stuck6-3.jpg

After giving him heck because he kept digging down when he was obviously going nowhere, I tried to pull him out.
stuck2-3.jpg

My Super Duty with a 460 couldn't do it (yeah that's the small one). Called another big line truck, broke a pice of 6M strand (guy wire), then broke some 10M, which is really strong stuff. Called a third truck with a bed winch, broke the winch cable. Got ahold of another guy with a couple really big chans and we finally got him out of his jam.
Pretty deep hole he dug there:
stuck1copy-4.jpg

These are the chains that finally got it done, we doubled them up. Notice the big, broken winch cable.
stuck4-3.jpg

He does this at least once a month. I told him to call a tow truck next time.

*sigh*... Detroit Edison did that with one of theirs in a swamp right down the street from my grandma's... Scary part is, they were actually considering leaving it there :shock: , but a whole lot of crap from the neighbors put the stop to that...

Those lines have the NICEST gravel access road now...

graewulf

damn, just noticed where you are from. used to live there as a kid, always enjoyed swimming off the porch

RE: Jeep won

hee hee, nice story TC. I hope he doesn't work on lines like he manages a vehicle.

I gotta say. Everyone gives people crap about using chains for vehicle recovery. But in the worst of situations, chains always pull through (pun)

Re: RE: Re: Help my buddy win the Miss USA pageant!

What, he couldn't get the other set of duals to dig any further? Sheesh, what a maroon!

RE: I just bought me a 2002 jeep wrangler 4.0l

You should have just dropped off a shovel and told him to start digging.

Re: RE: Re: RE: How Many Here Have One Of These...........

That is a nice stuck!

88Wrangles said:
whoa, he got stuck good!!

For safety, chains are the way to go. They don't store energy. That's about the same level of stuck, but only on the right side, of the concrete truck pull with my Jeep, but the truck was not down to the sub-frame as in your example. The driver was good and as soon as the truck stalled in the muck, he parked it and that was that until I pulled him out.

I love this thread and that stuck is absolutely cool.

A little news is here:

http://behold-the-rage.com/jeep_news.html

Pass it around whoever reads it or sees it here. I don't want to post that link with its own thread title. Someone else can if they wish or wish to make others aware of what is going on elsewhere in our off road world.

Again, cool post.

Need Supertop for 1991 wrangler!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Robrt-Stephens said:
A little news is here:

Pass it around whoever reads it or sees it here. I don't want to post that link with its own thread title. Someone else can if they wish or wish to make others aware of what is going on elsewhere in our off road world.

Again, cool post.

Not to change the subject, but it sure looks like you like to bash Pirate4x4. You don't have to be a member there. If you don't like, simply leave.

The people that create a lot of the aftermarket parts that you probably use are members there too. That's where those parts get famous, and where pretty much everything 4wd related gets started.

88Wrangles said:
Robrt-Stephens said:
A little news is here:

Again, cool post.

Not to change the subject, but it sure looks like you like to bash Pirate4x4. You don't have to be a member there. If you don't like, simply leave.

The people that create a lot of the aftermarket parts that you probably use are members there too. That's where those parts get famous, and where pretty much everything 4wd related gets started.

Strange response. It's the opposite. Perhaps, if you can, read the data on that news link at Behold. I think you'll see that it is the opposite. I hope you do as i enjoy your discourses here.

Other than the ARBs and the winches and blocks, I build everything for mods. It's hard to justify $899 can and tire racks and so forth, but that is just me and my backward blacksmith like love of working and gluing metal together.

Thanks in advance,

RE: Clunking noise when braking

There's almost 46,000 people who are members of pirate (not the club obviously, but the site). Yes they can be mean sometimes, but hey, they don't really care (it's not like this site at all).

It's hard to believe they are all wrong.

ok, I'm not responding to this any more....do some more research!!! (By the way, I don't see this "data" that you mentioned. It's all youre very small experiences with the 2 sites...

RE: Re: RE: Stuck line truck

Snitty said:
I gotta say. Everyone gives people crap about using chains for vehicle recovery. But in the worst of situations, chains always pull through (pun)

If you know how to safely use chains and actually use the right sized chain they are very good for certain kinds of stuck.. the problem comes when someone who doesn't know how to use them takes their head off....

Re: RE: Stuck line truck

88Wrangles said:
There's almost 46,000 people who are members of pirate (not the club obviously, but the site). Yes they can be mean sometimes, but hey, they don't really care (it's not like this site at all).

It's hard to believe they are all wrong.

ok, I'm not responding to this any more....do some more research!!! (By the way, I don't see this "data" that you mentioned. It's all youre very small experiences with the 2 sites...

Hmmmm.

Okay, how do I put Detroits in my Army Jeep trailer and a snorkle? (just kidding....)

Re: Recovery Points

I don't understand. What are you talking about....are you implying i've asked this before, or what?

Question about Tire Size

88Wrangles said:
I don't understand. What are you talking about....are you implying i've asked this before, or what?

No, taking it off to another subject in a joking way, since on another board we were kidding around in trying to get traction devices in other things besides our Jeeps.

Just fun stuff.

RE: Question about Tire Size

Mingez is confused. :?

But for the record, I hate pirate too. Robrt, your site rules. I like your commentary and there is some well written stuff there. I appreciate the time and effort you put into the articles on the "Behold" site. Nice stuff.

Now, I too have experienced the immaturity of those on that site. Which, in part, is why I appreciate it here so much.

I will, however, have to disagree with you about rock crawling. I like that aspect of off roading, but don't really participate myself. It is though, as you suggested, only one of the many types of four wheeling, and NOT the zenith of the sport, that many of them (rock crawlers) suggest it is.

Mingez

Back