stuck!!

far_right

well i finaly got my new tires put on todayand, me and one of my buddies who is about 300lbs and can barely fit into my cj5, decided to go and hit some trails.....well we got goin down a forest service road with huge skidder ruts lookin for a little muddd, we found a little patch in a deep hole...i was goin good and then...shetiot....i was stuck...couldnt back up sure couldnt go foward and we were all alone!!! there was one tree at about a 30* angle that i hooked my tow strap too and then my winch too that...i finally winched my self out.... :-D :-D ....but in the process my buddy had gotten out and had lost both of his shoes in the muck...purty funny....well i guess that is the end of my story.....im not quite as good a story teller as tug is... ;-) ;-) ....ooh yea and on the way home a guy turned in front of me and i had to swerve to miss him and got the jeep on two wheels....scared the hell outta me...

edited by: far_right, Feb 01, 2003 - 08:22 PM[addsig]

wow that must take some good talent to be able to lose two shoes in one outing. shake his hand for me, tell him 'good job!' :)[addsig]

sounds like something i did one time, cept i was soo stuck that it took a 15,000 LB tow truck winch, and 2 ford F350 Superduty's to pull me out, that was like a year before i did my 350 convert and you couldnt believe how much mud i found in unusual places...haha

Quik[addsig]

i had a great time tug :-D :-D
and i guess tommorow ill get to spend all day cleanin and changin fluids... :-( :-( [addsig]

Back in the old days, in the Jeep Cavalry, we always took care of our Jeeps, before we cleaned out our drawers and took a shower. :-D [addsig]

Well done far right-

sounds like a good day of fun to me!!!!

I have gotten stuck before, but we got out using a good ol' Dodge Ram 2500 :-D :-D [addsig]

this reminds me of a time when i got my Jeep stuck, not to long ago. it was a tuesday night and me and two of my friends decided to go to our mud hole and do a little rootin with only my Jeep. but the day before our friend barried his F150 in the same mud hole and left ruts 3 ft deep. but of course i was planning to go around them but when i hit the mud hole my jeep jumped to the left and about half way through my front tire slid into the hole and i was done. since no other truck was with us and all of are fellow mudders were at work, so we were screwed, we tried everything like rocking it and pushing it but no luck, so we decided to go knocking on peoples door that had a 4x4 and pay them to get us out. unfortunately our mud hole was on the outskirts of a high class nieghborhood and every house we tried they would slam the door in our face. i had one last option so i called my friend and he came and picked us up and took us to this guys house that is one street down from mine house and he has a F350 turbo diesel with 40s and a 12,000lb winch, but ive never met the guy before. i knocked on his door and followed us and he pulled me out with his winch and saved me numerous repair bills, and he did it for only $5 dollars, my friend with the Ford paid $300 dollars for a tow truck :-O am i lucky or what. but i havent gone muddin since :-( and i dont recommend knocking on strangers doors, unless its in a crisis situation :-D [addsig]

i know its a long story, but that was the longest night of my life

and i forgot to mention that my friends Ford that got stuck caught on fire in his driveway a week later and was totaled :-O should of got a Jeep :lol: but he bought another Ford :-? [addsig]

Extreme - aren't you in Fl.? Too many posts...and the real reason...too many beers...can't remember but it itches one of my remaining functioning brain cells. Just curious where you got stuck. My brother got stuck in the "new Tampa" once. They (whoever the ever ambiguous "they" really are) were building a new subdivision off County Line Rd. off N. BBD. (can't remember the name of the neighborhood either...shocker, huh?) Anyway...the tow truck that was our rescue vehicle ended up needing a rescue vehicle of its own once it got stuck trying to pull us out. After a larger truck got him out, and a nice sleep on the "firm" ground overnight, and a better second attempt...we got out. Much more to story...but in short...$275 and a cold night...freedom!!! :p [addsig]

the mud hole in talking about is in the town n country area really close to the Citrus Park Mall, but i thinking that only me and my friends know about it.[addsig]

Ok, we weren't out jeepin, but a great mud story none the less.....

We took a bunch of high schoolers out for a long weekend of dirt biking (Usually about 3 or 4 days). We would camp and ride then bbq and have bible studies. This one year we went just after a rain storm. So we're out flying along and one of the high schoolers started to slow down alot, then stops. So one of the leaders rides over to see what's the matter. Well, the bike had a gas leak and ran out of gas. So he jumps on the back of my friends nike and we head back to camp to get some gas. We go screaming across this flat section of dirt that's all cracked on top. I was bringing up the rear incase somebody else had a problem. I notice a few bikes getting squirrley and others kicking up alot of mud. THat's when I realized the conditions. The top inch or two was dry, but underneath was still that evil slimey stickey type of mud. Just then I notice the bike, with the high schooler on the back, bury the front wheel and stop instantly! The guy on the back flys over the driver! :lol: Totally like superman and in slow motion! Then he starts to descend and goes face first into the mud. Through the top layer of crust then to the mud! He slids, skids, rolls, tumbles then stops face first in the mud. :-O We run over to him, as best we could, to help him up. He gets up and his helmet is packed with mud. We had to scrape the mud off his face before we could even get his helmet off! :lol: It was really hard to not laugh, at the moment. But later that night that was all we could talk about.[addsig]

To much fun! If you aint getting stuck some where some time you are not tryiing hard enough! Tug[addsig]

:-D I didn't realize that there was any place to wheel in the Tampa area without having to drive for a couple of hours. I guess I'll have to scope out the Citrus Park Mall area :cool: [addsig]

its are secret mud hole, only certain people know about it, and where the only people that know how to get there. if you want to go there just let me know. :cool: [addsig]

I usually go to Ocala on the weekends I decide to go off road. There's another place in N. Lakeland in the Green Swamp area...about 30 min. away. Bubba's Mud Ranch.About 45 min. there's one in Orlando and Lake Wales. If that one is closer, then I'd have say yes I wouldn't mind having one a little closer. But right now my clutch feels soft...like it's losing pressure or fluid. sucks. Anyway...have fun playing. :cool:
Oh yeah...by saying "sure", I meant "sure...I'd like to know where it is." Not like "this guy's full of #2 and probably drives a Tracker." Ha, ha. So if the secret can be released...probably good place to break in a new clutch. :cool:

edited by: Natty, Feb 05, 2003 - 02:35 AM[addsig]

Back