Supercharged or Turbocharged Jeeps

TurboDave

I see some older post discussing pros and cons of superchargers versus turbochargers for Jeeps, but I didn't see anything that suggests one of the posters actually has a Jeep with either.

I have a 2003 TJ Sport with a 505 Performance Turbocharger. Some of the parts etc. they sold me are defective and as the result, my Jeep has become nothing but a big expensive rock parked in my driveway. My Jeep has been inoperative since December 2. 505 Performance has declined to honor their warranty of repair or replace.

The issues are not the mechanical issues but the electronics, specifically the ECU, fuel management system, and the method of tuning which is pretty much the same for both. I am interested in talking with anyone who has either a supercharged or turbocharged Jeep to see if their systems work as they anticipated, what kind of electronics are used, and if tuning problems have been experience. Since it is clear 505 Performance does not mind selling defective parts and has no intention of honoring their warranty, my objective is to get my Jeep running again.

I have a turbocharged Jeep but unfortunately I will not be any help since mine is a diesel.

I dont have one, but a couple of fellow members from www.4bangerjp.com do have turbos and superchargers that they themself designed. I recommend talking to Rob or Sharpxmen there (both are active and very knowledgeable), and they can help you out. As far as electronics, I know Rob used:

Split Second PSC1-002
ARM1 Air/Fuel Ratio Meter (LED)
he uses the AIS 250 psi (set @ 200psi) water/methanol pump c/w install kit from The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com for water/methanol instead of an intercooler because of the increase in Octane rating that water methanol ads (and not having to worry about clogged intercoolers in mud), but you could use the intercooler instead...

Hope that helps!

Felipe

Megasquirt

A buddy had twin turbos on his cherokee with megasquirt as the engine management system.

Back