Surgery Round 2!

dropseys

Well, my Vacation is over and I got back from Los Angeles last night. Well the afternoon before I left I got a call from my Orthopoedic's office and they were trying to schedule me for surgery. I was origionally told end of January. First they tried for the 3rd, not going to happen since I was only just getting back in town last night. Then they said the 5th, I tried for a week to recoup, but was told that if not the 5th we were looking into the end fo Feb. So tomoorow at 11 I go in for round 2 of knee surgery. I am hoping this will give me a little more mobility and take away some of this pain. I wanto to be able to run again and do a lot of stuff outdoors. Simple things like hiking are severly limited so as you can tell not too much offroading now. Wish me luck. Oh and an update for my job.... I am in the process of being medically retired from police work. Kinda sucks becuase I love my job and it was my career. Now I have to find something else to do. Oh Well. On a good note, my daughters Jeep aspirations are till there. I will attach a picture of here back yard expedition on X-mas day. She borrowed her cousins Power wheels so now I have to get her one. Happy New Year everyone.

Attachments

• stellasjeep.JPG
    stellasjeep.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 138
Best of luck to ya', dropseys! Knee pain sucks, I know. I'm not near as mobile as I was in my younger days, but I try not to let it stop me. Keep us posted.

Jim, ya know you're still in my prayers. I know how hard it is to be forced out of a job that you love, that is your life. Been there, had that. But, although it sounds trite, when God closes one door, He opens another. And believe me when I say that if I could trade places with you and take all of your pain and injuries upon myself to make you whole again, I would do it in a heartbeat. Please keep a positive outlook, no matter what life throws at you. Remember what my dad always said: "Every day above ground is a good day."

I wish you well on your surgery and recovery, and again, I will be praying for you. Keep us posted, ok?

Eric

damn man sorry to hear i've got some shabby knees to not that bad but its a kick in the taint when they act up .. wish you the best when you go under !!

Man I'm sorry you have to go through all of that. Keep us posted, and I'll be thinkin' of ya!

Speedy recovery my friend!

Hang in there, and know you are continually in our prayers.

Any thoughts at all about a possible new career/job?

Back