Suspension ?

98Sahara4me

Currently have the rough country 3.75 lift, metal cloak fenders with 35" BFG KM2's. I hate body lifts an want to stay larger I don't mind Rough Country lifts, My factory control arms are shot, so I need to upgrade. Change the whole lift or just find some control arms? Not sure how anyone feels about body lifts but I think they're just to add tire size.

Is your 3.75 lift from 2.5 suspension and 1.25 body lift, or is it all spring? I won't argue that body lifts are as cool as a suspension lift, but it did allow me to run a belly up skid plate. I've got the RC 3.75 spring / body lift combo myself. As to scrapping the lift kit or just buying the control arms, how tall do you want to go? You'll probably need a set of adjustable control arms at the least.

Body lift isn't all bad, it actually lifts less weight so your COG (center of gravity) is lower, making for a more stable Jeep.

It's the RC 2.5 suspension and 1.25 body lift. It doesn't look horrible cuz the body lift is small, but its just something i see. Maybe I'm just being too picky. If I can find a full set of control arms for a decent price I may do that, just not sure where to look. I only found the long arm conversion on RC website, an I don't think it's necessary on a 2.5" suspension. Plus ill loose ground clearance with it. So I figure I gotta change the suspension or find some control arms.

So at this point you have to replace your control arms, and you're debating if you should lift higher or not? If that's the case, I'd get a 4 inch lift kit and be done with it. You'd probably be able to remove the body lift (although I'm not sure with 35s).

Rough country sells control arms:
Jeep X-Flex Adjustable Control Arms

I've used them, and thought they were ok. Not as nice as the more expensive Savy / Currie ones:
Currie Control Arms CE-9100

Another option is to buy some stock arms that someone has taken off.

If you buy just control arms now, I'd recommend adjustable ones, so that you can put on bigger springs later. You'd still need track bars, brake lines, and swaybar links.

Sweet! I think I'm gonna go X-flex and a tummy tuck skid plate. Them later if I want to go bigger all I gotta do is get bigger springs and shocks.

Back