swap'd in a auto 999,neutral switch hook up?

onou812

changed to an auto from a 176.Question:where do I hook the neutral switch to?the 176 only had the lights switch.I know somebody out there knows their electrical stuff.Thanks.
image-missing.png
cooperptg@hotmail.com[addsig]

How are you suposed to start it in gear with a neutral switch installed?
image-missing.png

I guess I'm not the best to answer from a jeep perspective, but I think jeep autos were factory column shift and the swith should be on the column hooked up to the shifter linkage. your back up lights should hook into the same switch. I could be wrong, but that how its always been on column shift vehicles I've worked on.

-keith[addsig]

on the TF99 the neutral saftey and reverse lights are on the same switch. The switch is on the drivers side just below and behind the shifter linkage on the side of the transmission case. It should have 3 pins. If you installed it already it may be hidden by your exhaust pipe. If you need to change it....make sure that you have a drain pan...cause when you unscrew it you will loose about 2-3 qts of fluid.[addsig]

I 've got the switch in and all that, where do you hook the middle wire,It's a floor shift too.In the Manual it has the wire going to the starter relay but not grounded or hooked to anything.(Haynes Jeep CJ pg297 upper right #97 black 16)Thanks again fellow jeepers."I'm really in need for some mud"
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back