swapping spice for black

Greencuke

my buddy hates the spice in his rio grande, and has set out on a mission to change it out for black. His plan is to use vinal (?) paint and do the dash, and doors. Hes gonna take my rug when i hurculine. if anyone has a black or dark gray interior they want to trade, hed go for that. Also, hes got one of them "jumbo concles" from quadratic (the big ones, they got cup holders in the front and back, spring coin holders and sunglasses case ect u know what im talking about) and its spice also, so i bet hed be willing to do something with that. [addsig]

ive got spice too, let me know how the painting and such goes, ive often dreamed about converting to black[addsig]

I can check one of my parts jeeps, i might still have a black dash ect. Ill get out back and check sometime this afternoon. [addsig]

If he does not find all of the parts he needs and does decide to paint, make sure the prep work is done right!!!!!! I painted the dash pad and plastic in mine and it looks great. It too me about 3 hours to do the prep work alone. I have seen the job go down hill fast when you don't pay attention to detail. When painting anything one of the worst problems is from oils. If you have ever used silicone, Armor All or anything like that be careful. Denatured alcohol will be come a very good friend during the process. Also make sure that use use a high quality paint and follow the instructions to a T.[addsig]

Back