T case leak

lethaldose

i dropped my skid pan last weekend and cleaned it up really good shot a nice coat of rust preventer on it but i noticed i had transmission fluid all over the T case, pan, and some had even made its way on down the line ... seemed to be coming from the sealant around the rear output shaft housing actually fluid was visable in drops hanging off the RTV... so i sprayed everything good and cleaned it up and had to ass half a quart to the case.... well a week later and one minor off road mud trip later i was back under the jeep for an oil change and noticed my belly pan soaked with fluid ??? it appears not just the back is leaking but somewhere from the front output and the transmission input on the front of the case .... whats the deal why would this thing be leaking like a coffee filter?? no odd noises it performs great nada :confused: :???:

If it's coming from where the TC bolts to the transmission, could be a transmission output seal gone bad. If it collects in the belly pan, it's unlikely to be the rear output of the transfer case as it extends past the skid plate.

it seems to coat the back portion of the plate "underside" with a nice coat and i can see it as i said before on the seems of the back output housing which is semi under the plate... but now its moved up and is from the front... i've got a manual transmission NV3550

Back