TeraFlex Upper Arms Too Big?

bremery88

I just recently purchased a pair of teraflex adjustable upper control arms and found out that they will not fit into the frame mount. The old bushing on the stock arm is 2" and the tera bushing is 2 and a 1/8". My mount on the subframe seems to be straight. Has anybody run into this problem?[addsig]

I haven´t run into exactly the same problem, but a related problem. When replacing leaf springs with polyurethane bushings. The metal (center) bushing was a little longer than stock. The first time I filed the bushing down, which didn´t work out well, the polyurethane compressed a little to much. The next time I spread the mount a little with a large pry bar and a thin block of wood on the frame, didn´t want to bend the frame in much, because I was affraid, the bushing or the spring pack might rub. I was careful to only bend the inner part of the mount.
Is it the metal sleeve bushing or the rubber/eurathane part that is too wide?
When I re-torqued the bolt, the mount compressed down to the metal bushing.
If it´s just the rubber/eurathane part that is hanging out a little to far, I´d grease up the inside of the mount, and BFH that thing in there.
On most applications I´ve seen, the center metal bushing isn´t supposed to turn on the bolt when everything is tight. The flex is supposed to be in the rubber/eurathane bushing. The exception, would probably be, if the center bolt has a grease fitting.
I often call the manufacturer and ask questions, when I´m unsure. Often takes a while and a few calls, but eventually I get the right answers.

[addsig]

After a quick phone call I got everything straightened out. Bent upper mounts. I had to pry it out to make it fit. :) [addsig]

Back