The REAL Question.

unmlobo

RE: FOR SALE : MINT : (4)Brand New 15x10 Cragar Soft 8s

We all have jeeps duh. What do I need a 4" lift for, why do I need 33" tires? WOuldnt a box locker and and some 30"s due for me? I dont rock crawl. Daily driver. 93 YJ. maybe some new shocks, whats the ABility change from Open diff to Locked??????? Im in new mexico, a shit load of sand and the occasional narrow mountain trail. A lift isnt going to get me through mud. Driving technique??? Can i put 30's on my 7" rims?

The difference in ablility is pretty significant. I live in NM too btw...Las Cruces.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping a Jeep stock. Very capable rig. but if you plan on hitting some harder trails, than you will soon learn the value of clearance and traction.

There are no mods, however, as significant as a great driver. And getting through a tough trail in a stock rig is impressive!

I learned to work with a stock machine before I would let myself advance to modification. You learn the techniques much better that way. Modifying something to be unstoppable takes a lot of the fun out of wheeling.

Learning while stock also lets you decide what mods you'd like. Certain areas may seem tougher to you, that is the best place to start with modification

unmlobo said:
What do I need a 4" lift for, why do I need 33" tires? WOuldnt a box locker and and some 30"s due for me? I dont rock crawl. Daily driver. 93 YJ maybe some new shocks,
You don't need a 4" lift and 33's. Yes a locker, 30" tires, and shocks would do alot for your Jeep.

unmlobo said:
whats the ABility change from Open diff to Locked???????
Night and day

unmlobo said:
Im in new mexico, a load of sand and the occasional narrow mountain trail. A lift isnt going to get me through mud. Driving technique??? Can i put 30's on my 7" rims?
The lift raises you so you are not snowplowing the mud, and also allows for larger tires which will help in the mud.

Driving technique? yeah, that's a plus.

30x9.50x15 will fit great on a 15x7 wheel.

BTW... Go Lobos! (UNM is my alma mater)

Re: RE: Re: RE: Wiring in windshield mounted lights- could u

You could easily fit a 30x9.5 on a 15x7 rim. Alot of prerunner guys around here put 32x11.5 on their 15x7 rims. A lunch box locker and 30's would do pretty darn well, assuming you don't mind being locked on the street. And yes, a locker makes a world of difference. I have a buddy with a chopped up 2wd chevy p/u and a detroit that has been able to follow me on some pretty tough trails. Some quality shocks should help with offroad handling, too. Technique? Yeah, technique definately helps! I would check for a writeup on sand driving. Sand demands big tires...if they aren't big enough, then deflate them some to increase the foot print. The last thing you want is for the tires to sink in.

Back