Tire Size

NJJeepGirl

Does anyone know what size tire I can use with my stock rims? Do I have to use a 9.5 inch or can I go slightly larger on it. I'm thinking of using my stock rims. I have 2 inch spring spacers and 33's on it now.

Please help, very confused........

on a 15x 8 you could run up to a 35" tire that is 12.5" wide, but might need some spacer depending ont the type of lift!

You can run a 12.5" wide tire on stock 8" rims, but like jps4jeep mentioned it could rub spring buckets or other suspension parts. Your turning radius will be limited by rubbing the lower control arms.

I'm running 33"x12.5" TSL Radials on stock 15"x7" steel rims with no problems. They appear to run a little narrow and fit better than my 32"X11.5" TSL/SX bias tires. Could have to do with sidewall construction also.

I ran 32x11.50's on stock 15x7 wheels. They wore pretty evenly and never a problem.

33x10.50x15's are a tough size to find (BF Goodrich or Super Swamper) but they work well on stock wheels too.

If by chance you have the 6 1/2" steel wheels then even 30x9.50's will rub because they have different backspacing than the 15x7 or 15x8 wheels.

These are the 6 1/2" steel wheels. If you don't have these you are good to go. If you do have these, you're pretty much limited to small tires:
image-missing.png

Got a picture of your wheels?

It's a 2002 and all I added was 2 inch Skyjacker spring spacers and I was able to fit 33's. I hate the rims that are on it now because they are just too hard to keep up with so I was thinking about going back to my stock rims, but I do want to keep on bigger tires. My tires are in bad shape and I want All Terrain's now instead of Mud terrain's I drive this daily and have a long commute. These are my stock rims: http://www.autoparts4jeep.com/wheels_and_rims/wrangler-2002-any-any-wheels---ALY09024U10N.html

Those are 15x8 Canyon rims. You can fit a 33x12.5 tire, but I'd recommend the 33x10.5 BFG AT. The skinny tire will fit better and it's less rotating mass, meaning better performance and fuel mileage. Plus I like the skinny tire look.

The 33x12.5 will work if you like the fat tire look.

Back