tire size

They'll fit, but often cause rubbing issues on suspension components due to large amount of backspacing.

dbr5010 said:
even with 2in body and shackel replacements
Doubtful, but what year and model jeep are you asking about?

My first reply was only that they'd fit on the rims, not that the tires would then fit on a particular jeep.

A 95yj with a 2in body lift and bigger shackels . I got 31s on and they look like theres enough room.

dbr5010 said:
Will 33x12.50 15 fit on 15x7 factory rims?

Will they fit? Yes you can squeeze a 12.50 on a 7" wheel. Will there be any adverse effects? You'll probably have tire wear issues.

One advantage is it may hold a bead a little better whil;e aired down on the trail.

Why not try a 33x10.50x15 instead? If you're set on or already have the 33x12.50's then I'd consider a 15x8 wheel with around 4" of backspacing.

They may fit with 2" BL and a shackle lift, but they'll self-clearance the fender flares. They'll rub the sheetmetal slightly behind the rear tire.

Install TJ fender flares and you'll have the tire clearance you're looking for.

I plan on putting on a 4in sup lift in about 6 months . Is a a 32x1150 15 a better fit and look alot smaller than the 33 12.50 15 .

Bounty__Hunter said:
....rubbing issues on suspension components due to large amount of backspacing.

That will be your main problem with putting those tires on those wheels. I would bet there will be a lot of rubbing when turning very sharp at all. And that has nothing to do with how much lift you have.

I had 33x10.50x15 tires on stock 15x7 wheels and that was bad on sharp corners. 33x12.50's will be a lot worse.

I ran 32x11.50x15 BFG AT's on stock 7" wheels (92 YJ) on 4" of lift.

I did have to adjust the steering stops slightly to avoid tire contact to the leaf springs, but I never extended my bumpstops and had a lot of wheel travel and no rubbing issues. I could stuff those 32's nicely.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Like I mentioned above, squeezing a tire on a wheel smaller than recommended may have treadwear issues, I had no problems to report with the 11.50's and 7" wheels. Keep in mind I used AT's and a set of mudders may react differently.

Back