Tires

segator

I have 31-10.5x 15 bfg all terrain, and would like to know if anyone has a good suggestion for a street radial for some what smooth ride. I also would like a suggestion on shocks as well. I know the old saying, if you want a ride like a cadillac then buy a cadillac. I do a lot of street driving and not offroad, so I am looking for just a little smoother ride. I am looking for something in the range of 275-60x15, something with a little beef to it or suggestions. I have a 95 wrangler with about a 2 inch lift and 4cyl.

Thanks

your not going to find a better all around pavement tire than a bfg all terrain if you want a softer ride you will probably have to go to p rated tires ie car tires

I would try an H/T tire for what you want; it will not look as cool or work as well offroad, but if what you do is city/highway driving, it should work fine. I used to run Bridgestone Dueler H/T when I was in Miami (only road driving back then), and they worked jsut fine... Now I run BFG MT KM2's, but I do go offroad (mud mainly), and they work out good enough on road (not so bad road manners, and noise level is still less than the rest of the Jeep, so I dont hear them unless I coast downhill).

Yeah, don't get LT-rated tires if you want a better ride. Especially because Jeeps are kinda light. My plans are to get Wild Country P265/70-15's when I can afford tires and wheels. They are about the same overall size as a 30x9.50.

for shocks, bilsteins are what I have on all my daily drivers. as for tires. you could tgo to a wrangler gsa or something, but the BFG AT is a radial tire and is a very good street tire. like mentioned, you could look into a passenger car tire.

Pro-Comp's all-terrain tires are pretty quiet on the street, as well. I went from 30" M/T's to 32" A/T's, and I'm still getting used to the lack of roar from the tires. (Personally, I liked the noisy tires, but they didn't last very long.) Plus, Pro-Comp's A/T's have a severe weather rating. I don't think you can go wrong with BFG's or Pro-Comp's A/T tires.

You wont get a better tire than a BFG A/T. Right now i'm running fortune scramblers and they are awesome street tires (even though i go offroading with them frequeently :D). So if you do get new tiress, consider sending those BFG's my wayyy :D

All the best,
Chris

I run my tires at 26 psi front 20 psi rear seems to take a lot of the snap out of the pot holes

Back