TJ Clutch Fan - plan B? & Wheel Spacers

KIWI

Hi there,
a couple of questions:

My fan clutch is not performing well, I have read over the options onth threads. I have a big quadratec 2 x 1" core alloy radiator, so overheating is not a big issue (AC off) (UAE 130F outside).
Should I replace it with a factory std ? do these perform well? as I am loath to spend more on the cooling system.

Looking at 2" wheel spacers to provide a wider foot print - better stability, read the threads- Looking at:* 2" in thickness
* hub centric
* 6061 billet aluminum
* CNC machined
* fit 5 lug 4 1/2" hub to 5 lug 4 1/2" wheel
* lug nuts included
I'm running 10" rims with 23" bf A/T not concerned about the lack of gaurd cover as it does not rain here, and will put std tyre on for traffic inspection.
Do these cause addition wear & tear - bearing - suspension? running in the sand here no rocks but some dam big bumps!

I like the web site very informative and good useful advice.
cheers for your ideas.
Mark;)

Welcome to the Z.

I'd replace your fan clutch with a parts-store replacement or factory replacement, you'll be fine either way. Also wouldn't be a bad time to consider upgrading to a Ford Taurus electric fan.

As for the wheel spacers, I wouldn't do it. Your 10" wheels are likely already stressing the wheel bearing assemblies a LOT more than factory wheels, any more offset and the hubs are going to fail a lot quicker. At $125-$150USD each it can get expensive.

If you decide to go with spacers, I wouldn't go any wider than 1"-1.25" per corner.

Back