TJ Light problem

craziesteve

Earlier today I was four wheelin and went through alot of waterand afterwards it was getting around darkk and had the lights on for a bit. So Still having the fun with the other jeep that was with me and when we were leaving i noticed this....

It was my left blinker light in the interior above the spedometer light was on at a steady eventhough my blinker lever was off. and my actual blinking outside light was not working at all. So, After turningt he lights on and off repeatedly and turning the car off it went away eventually and then on they way home it came on again? Are you following me?

Well if not I will re itterate the post again tomorrow when I have more time. But please if you know what I am talking about please help me out on any information.

thanks,
steve-o[addsig]

It's probably some water that got into some part of your lighting system. Let your Jeep dyr up and it should be fine. Make sure that you have all you lens connectors on correctly, in other words, that the connector is not loose.Hope this helps.-Al[addsig]

Not sure with TJ's but in my 77 blazer, If I had a blown bulb, what you described would be exactly what happens. The indicator light in the cluster would come on and stay on, and that particular side would have no blinking function. If it did this, then worked fine then failed again, check the flasher, that might be the problem as well.
In my blazer, my flasher went, I had no directionals, hazzards and tail lights, and could not figure it out because all the circuts had 12 volts including the brake switch. happened upon the flasher just be chance! bingo, hope this helps, and hope it was just a wet bulb!

Johnny[addsig]

Back