TJ Sport Success stories?

PhattyX

Alright, I can't stay away from a TJ... so I'm looking at a 5sp TJ Sport w/ 110,000 miles on it. The price is RIGHT. Anyone have that type of mileage, heavy use or not, on a TJ with the 6?

I had close to 70 on my 4 banger and never had a lick of probs. Are the 6's as stable?

As always, thanks in advance,

X

I have a 97 TJ 4.0 auto with 158k and still going strong. I am the only owner and have kept the oil changed every 3,000 mi. I think it really matters how it has been taken care of. But as far as the engine all i have had to do it put a new water pump on at around 145k.

I do, and it runs strong and good. Except for that stupid freakin exhaust leak in my manifold.:roll:

And yes, the I6 are very stable.

RE: 74 CJ5 Heater

Buy with confidence the 4.0L Jeep engine!

story. a 49-52 chevy pickup with a i6 first gear on blocks with a brick on the gas peddle. went for every. it never went out.

RE: Double WHAT ?

Have the 4.0 I-6 in my XJ, over 73,000 on it... No engine issues whatsoever, save the slightest seeping leak in the rear main seal, doesn't even lose enough oil between changes to make me think twice... In my opinion, it's one of the only engines that you can actually get in and work on if you needed to in this day and age, and it makes sense when you look at it...

Back