Topless Jeep + Sun+ Kids + icecream=

Abutterfly

A Stinkin' MESS!

Did you ever have an idea and you just can't see that far ahead to realize it's totally INSANE??!! :purple:

Well, my daughter and her little zany friend kept pesting me to go for ice cream. Now this little friend is totally wacky. She is constantly giggling and cackling this little maniacal laugh of hers.. it never stops. :lol:

Since I had the top off and it was beautiful outside I said okay. We climb in and we are off! We had a "buy one get one" coupon so it was all good.. or so I thought.

Now, I didn't really give it any thought, BUT.... when it's sunny out and you are in a topless Jeep.. that ice cream isn't gonna hang around too long.

So we pull away from the DQ window and all is well! Sun shining.. kids laughing.. music jammin'...wind blowing thru our hair... Life is good!

So I get about .3 miles down the road when I hear " Hey mom.. this icecream is REALLY soft!" I say Yea, Yea, just eat it quick! 10 seconds later.....

"Mom! WOW! (chuckle chuckle giggle squeal!) It's really sunny and this is melting FAST!" I said I KNOW, just get lickin'!!! Lick lick lick !!!

I then hear " (Gasp!) Uh Oh! HAAA!! HEEEHEEEE!!! TeeHEEEE!!" So her little friend gets into this hysterical cackling...that is SO contagious!!

Did you ever know someone that when they laughed it was so funny in itself that you couldn't control your OWN self??! THAT is this little girl.. I then start laughing myself...

So next I hear " AHHHH!! It's blowing!! HEE HEEEEEE!!"
It was just like something you would hear from two drunken sailors.. the belly laughing and hysterics...

I then take a glimpse into my rear view window and GOOD LORD! Nothing could prepare me for what I was about to experience! I ever so slowly turned around, afraid of what I might see....Those two kids were COVERED in white splatter... it looked like a massive flock of pidgeons flew over and cut loose!

Their faces were covered, my seats, roll bar, spare on the back, inside my soft top that was folded down.. Madison's 6 inch bangs were sticking STRAIGHT up and hardened. She must have tried to wipe it straight up off of her forehead and the sticky instantly froze her bangs straight up! My daughter's both nostrils were packed with white! I thought I was going to pass out from sheer astonishment and laughter! :shock:

It looked like you took a bucket of white paint and cut it loose in front of a jet engine!

I had to pull of into a ditch on the side of the road where we all three just sat and roared with laughter!
My daughter then said "Everyone was lookin' at us like we were a buncha FREAKS!!!!! "TEEEHEEEEEE Giggle squeal!! We were a sight indeed!! I wish I would have had a camera.. it was priceless!

Kate then says " Mom, din't ya think this would be a BAD idea??!!" :? Um? No. Idea-Schmydea! Who thinks when you drive a Jeep.??. you just go, Man!!

|HeeeeeeHEEEEEE!!! It was one of those things that you couldn't have planned any better!

We pulled up out back and my husband takes one look and exclaims "Where in the H*#! were YOU guys??!!!" We all busted a gutt laughing once again. :lol:

I had dried on ice cream from the roll bar behind my seat to the outside rear fenders and covering the entire top of my spare! I figured out that they were holding their cones outside the jeep on each side... watching it fly and splatter! WEEEEEEEEE!

ONLY in a Jeep, people, ONLY in a JEEP!!
I then heard her little friend say " Man! That was like a field trip!!!" :p

Dat's right kids! I'll be here ALL summer! :) p0p

HAHA! That was great. Having kids myself I could actually form a mental picture of the whole incident. Great write up and story!

I had a 75 CJ about 7 years ago when the family and I lived in Missouri. It was loud. It had the exhaust coming out behind the doors with glasspacks, headers and a 304.
It all started when it got warm enough to go to Sonic for ice cream. ( about 2 miles away) My girls and I would load up on Saturday and Sunday, top off, headed toward Sonic for ice cream. Well, as time went on, the girls would have some of the nieghbor kids over to play and enevitably they would want to go for ice cream. The nieghborhood kids, of course, also wanted to go so I would take them three at a time. I would buy the ice cream and loved every minute! It did get quite expensive at times but the kids loved that Jeep and the ice cream.
We lived there for 8 years and everytime they would hear that Jeep start on the weekends they would all come running wanting to go to Sonic. 13 kids in all so it took me several trips. I LOVED IT!!
There was much laughter, ice cream and memories in that Jeep. The ice cream I washed out with a garden hose and the laughter and memories I kept!

ONLY IN A JEEP!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean to highjack, Abutterfly, but your story brought back some great memories!

Last edited:
Back