Tug Of War

carriss

In different parts of the country some motor sports are more popular than others where I come from now days it's the Truck Tug of war I’m just wondering if events like this take place in others part because I have not heard of it anywhere else if you never have seen the organized event like this take place at least see it once here's the URL

www.tugowar.org

Never seen a truck tug o war but we have one of the largest tractor pulls in the southeast 30 minutes from here in Chapell Hill every year. It's on ESPN so maybe a few of ya'll have seen it flipping through the channels.

The guys around here do it to show off their rigs. Kinda like a street race but for torquey trucks. I've no problem with an organized event and it even looks like fun, but I get annoyed with the kids around here think their all badarse in their stock F-150 and 1500's. Grrr

red93 said:
Never seen a truck tug o war but we have one of the largest tractor pulls in the southeast 30 minutes from here in Chapell Hill every year. It's on ESPN so maybe a few of ya'll have seen it flipping through the channels.

Yuppers...gotta love them tractor pulls! My dad and I used to go to them all the time at the State Fair in Hutchinson, until they jacked the ticket prices from $1 to over $15 in one year.

I haven't seen truck tug-o-wars, but I've seen it done a few times with drag racers and once at Ft. Riley with M1A1 Abrahms tanks!!! The only thing that lost in that one was the ground and the 100,000 lb test rope they were using!!!:p

Yeah a few of the "macho" boys around here do that too. Actually another jeeper from my school put his bumper on mine and started tryin to push me one time but a quick switch to 4lo and i pushed him all around the parking lot. Go 4banger! The prices on tractor pulls are gettin ridiculous but some of those rigs with 4 or 5 engines are very fun to watch. They blow up half the time, and everybody knows that's what we really go to see. Last tractor pull i went to one dodge 4x4 was runninng 33 bfg a/t's and pulled farther than most of the other trucks with mudders. This truck looked like it had just come off the farm.

What I want to know is what do you do with the orange Jeep thing in your sig picture, and are those aircraft tires on the front?

the front tires came stock on the front it's a traxxas nitro sport it's something i got into when i was younger, i gave it up for about two years and i've gotten back into it i've upgraded to mostly aluminum parts it has more strength than stock plastic, the tugging trucks 99.9% run at's mud tires don't grip as well as at's i believe that since the at's have more surface area they get more traction the track is very simlar to a sled pulling track hard packed clay dirt when people get a good grip and don't have d60's or higher can and have broke axles and drives shafts and of coruse lockers are very helpful

yeah it's an rc a very expense rc i've put around 1,500 dollars in it over the years in replaced parts, fuel, batteries, it's fun but i still love my jeep more. rc just easier to relpace parts!

Back